Existing Member?

Travelling Seraphim

Monkeys, Caves, and Hills

PHILIPPINES | Saturday, 12 April 2014 | Views [208] | Scholarship Entry

The first time I went to Bohol, Philippines was the first time I saw the smallest monkeys, I walked inside a cave, and saw the world-famous Chocolate Hills.

I have only seen tarsiers in books and pictures. I never imagined how small they were until one was right in front of me. It was no bigger than the palm of my hand.

Hinagdanan Cave was the first cave I ever visited. Stalactites hung over the ceiling as we walked across the slippery "stairs" that led down towards the cave. However, the darkness covered what interested me the most. The drawings and paintings which covered the cave walls were revealed only by the flash of our digital camera and captured in the photo.

Last, but not the least, we climbed a whole lot of steps to the viewdeck of the most famous hills in the country, the Chocolate Hills - named because they turn brown in summer.

It was a great first time in Bohol, and I'd like to make first visits in other islands in the country.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About kriangel24


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.