Existing Member?

Mis Aventuras

Parasitos en mi estomago!

ECUADOR | Wednesday, 4 April 2007 | Views [3610] | Comments [6]

Soooo... I ran into a little problem with some parasites this past week or so but no worries I am feeling much better now! Today I am probably going to be getting some medicine.

I had a pretty intense fever and wasn´t able to eat anything for 4 days. I went to the doctor yesterday and found out that I´ve actually lost 15 lbs or so. SO yeah, i am looking pretty gangly. But no worries because my host mom promises to fatten me up with her all carb diets as soon as i can eat normally again. This morning I was actually able to eat some toast!! yeah toast! ha.

Unforunately I am supposed to ¨do a sample¨ before I can get this medicine. However, I am experiencing some problems with this

1. being female, i dont poop

2. even if i did poop, i haven´t eaten anything in 4 days so i really don´t know how they´re expecting anything to come out of me... i mean seriously

My host mom has been really helpful through the whole experience. I was pretty upset because... I mean there are weird creepy things in my body that shoudln´t be there, right?... and shes like ¨ no te preocupes, vamos matarlos!!¨ ...  meaning don´t worry we´re going to kill them!... as she dances around pretend to squash them with her feet.

thanks for all of your prayers! chow!

Tags: Doctors, hospitals & health

Comments

1

OH NO KELLY! Thats so scary! I cant imagine you losing 15 lbs, you must be down to nothing!

besides that,
equador seems amazing. i hope you are having a great time.

missing you and praying for you!
Love,
Ashley

  Ashley Lyell Apr 4, 2007 4:37 AM

2

OH NO Kel,
I hope you get well soon!! I love how you even when you are sick, you are still so happy and will find the good. You are the best and I love you and miss you tons.
Hugs and kisses,
Makella

  Makella Slavick Apr 4, 2007 6:20 AM

3

Kelly I am glad to hear you are doing better. I hope you feel 100% soon so you can continue on your adventures and soak in the classroom studies. OK, so we went from talking about roses to talking about the ability to poop. I can't wait for the next subject. Just kidding. Take care and we will keep looking for new entries and pictures.

Todd

  Todd Whetstone Apr 4, 2007 9:34 AM

4

Kelly,

I am so thrilled that you are better!!!! I hope the dance that your mom in Equador did the job and killed all of the parasites. Thanks for keeping in touch with all of this. Keep getting well, and continue enjoying your adventure and studies.

Love,
Mom

  Mom Apr 4, 2007 9:38 AM

5

Kelly my heart aches for you. I think the devil is trying to bring you down and weaken you because he is trembling with fear over all that God is about to do in and through you. I pray that you can remain strong and not grow weary and use this time to really seek God. I hope you recover quickly I will be praying for you! I LOVE YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!

  Katie Apr 5, 2007 10:26 AM

6

Your host mom sounds fun :)

  Steph(mom) Apr 7, 2007 4:41 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.