Existing Member?

The eating machine in Oahu

The north shore of Oahu

USA | Wednesday, 29 April 2015 | Views [125] | Scholarship Entry

I recently stayed on the North Shore of Oahu in the 'off' season to experience the food truck scene and the non-surf water sports, mainly snorkeling and kayaking with some swimming. After an emotionally moving day at Pearl Harbor the rest of my time was on the North Shore eating from food trucks, burger joints, shave ice outlets and Ted's bakery. There was also the snorkeling and photography which I documented on my blog. The weather was perfect for a lover of the tropics. It allowed long walks and swims to burn calories gained from eating boatloads of garlic shrimp and yummy sandwiches. The beaches of the north shore are magnificent and rival those of Queensland. I saw turtles, a seal and so many tropical reef fish along with some very colourful coral. The people were so friendly and inviting. I learnt so much about Hawaii, Hawaiians and the role of Pearl Harbor in WWII. I also indulged my love of SPAM in the most SPAM loving place on earth.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About garydlum


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.