Existing Member?

Adventures of the Clueless

Falling head first

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 7 May 2014 | Views [182] | Scholarship Entry

Falls Festival was an experience that will go down in the story of my life as the beginning of something special. I spent a week exploring natural playground of Belongil Fields just outside of Byron, sound tracked with nothing but scattered conversations with strangers and top-quality tunes provided by a plethora of incredible acts.

Three days deep into my adventure, I found myself surrounded by now familiar strangers, dancing to Bonobo and loving every moment. The sun was setting, the music was grooving and the smiles were not coming off anybody's face anytime soon. I spotted two new friends coming down the mammoth hill that was necessary to scale in order to make it to the natural auditorium, one jumped on the other and they tumbled down, taking unsuspecting festival goers as they did.

They soon found us in the crowd and were engulfed in the euphoria that permeated through everybody. Never before have I been so intensely affected by the music and the vibe that was being released.

4 months later and I still long to be back there, or anywhere, making strangers friends, even if just for a moment. Sharing something indescribable and I hope to spend the rest of my life getting that feeling back.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About emma-stewart


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.