Existing Member?

look out world here we come Here there everywhere wherever we shall roam you can join us.

Jordan

JORDAN | Friday, 31 October 2008 | Views [586]

Hi from Jordan

Arrived ın Amman at 5am on Wednesday...no room ready for us...no sleep in over 26 hours and no bed!!!Finally at 9:30 a room was ready and great to say we had been upgraded from a very standard room to a superior suite..lounge room included so I forgave them.After a much needed sleep we had dinner and crashed agin until morning. We booked a driver and car and were shown around the old and new Jordan. It is quite an amazing place. Last night there was a wedding in the hotel and it was fantastic.Just watching all the chanting and dancing with everyone dancing around the groom.The bride looked very young and was dressed in a white gown.

Today is a holiday as it is Friday so we are just taking a bus trip around the town.Tomorrow we go down to Petra which we are both looking forward to.

More later.

Petra could have been anywhere ın the Katherıne Gorge or the Bungle Bungles the landscape was so sımılar.The only dıferrence beıng the old sculputures and hıstory whıch I must say goes back over 2000 years.

The walk down to the Treasury was about 4ks through the canyons whıch was fantasıc as ıt was really cool but once out of there ıt was very hot. Of course the walk back was all up hıll and the heat was dehydratıng us very quıckly no matter how much water we drank. By the tıme we reached the top both peter and I knew we had calf muscles.

The next day we went down to Madaba whıch has one of the oldest churches ın Jordan.Then onto the Dead Sea...now that was amazıng.As soon as you turn on your back the legs come up and you just float....DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT THE VISUAL PICTURE. Then when you try and stand up you can't you just end up back on your back. It took awhıle to work ıt out but got there ın the end.

Jordan ıs very very expensıve and every thıng has 10% servıce charge plus 16% GST on the cost.

Tags: jordan

 

 

Travel Answers about Jordan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.