Existing Member?

Travel, a passion, an escape, a rewarding experience and a way of sharing

A memorable day with "Aunt" Zahra and her family !

MOROCCO | Thursday, 1 May 2014 | Views [191] | Scholarship Entry

I will never forget the smile nor the joy with which "Aunt" Zahra and her husband welcomed me. This beautiful smile that graced the faces of the children of the house will never leave me. This flavor of mint tea I always have in mouth when I see a glass of tea. This hospitality, this joy of going towards the other, this altrruisme ...

They may have nothing ! They lived Krifla, a village which is forty (40) kilometers from the capital of Morocco, Rabat. At first glance, one might think they had nothing, four wooden walls, a zinc roof, a cow and a small land. But, by approaching them and talking to them, it turns out they have it all : "The joy of living". These modest walls and roof are in their eyes the prestigious apartment that everyone would like to build and live in. This famous cow is not an ordinary cow but it is actually a member of the family. Her milk feeds both young and old. Her dung that some might consider disgusting are used as fertilizer. This small land, like a tender mom, do not deprive the family of its delights.

I will never forget the day I traveled to Krifla, the day I meet "Aunt" Zahra and her family. I will never forget that life is worth living and that nothing equals a moment of joy and happiness with those we love.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About diairy_of_yassine


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Morocco

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.