Existing Member?

Beach Trip

3 Beautiful Beaches

INDONESIA | Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Views [200] | Scholarship Entry

I never thought Banyuwangi was so beautiful.

So there I was, sitting in a 14 hours train with my group of friends, to Banyuwangi from Jogja. It was ten past 9 at night when we finally arrived at the Karangasem station. Our friends had been waiting to pick us up to the guest house.

The clock pointed at 4.00 am when we headed to Bima beach. The night slowly faded as we sat there waiting for the sun to slowly appear on the horizon. It was when our shadow walked in front of us, we left to go to our next destination.

Now, when the sun illuminated this part of earth, I could see the entire town. It was a small city, but undoubtedly was really beautiful. A quiet place with minimal traffic, a complete opposite of Jogja, the city that I currently live.

It took us two hours ride to get to Red beach. The sand reflected reddish fata morgana under before-noon-sun rays, and would appear even redder as the earth continued to rotate against the sun. It was an extraordinary view. but it wasnt the end of our journey.

We resumed our trip and stopped at a dock. 15 minutes sailing in a boat, we were mesmerized by the scenery in front of us, a green water beach that gave its name, The Green Bay, our last beach trip

Isolated and deserted, it was what we were looking for, a place to stop, a place to stay. As the sun continued to settle at the top, we swam against the wave controlled by the breeze wind. Our shadow was slightly on our left side when we decided to go home, back to our place.

We stayed for another day, to enjoy the beauty of this city. Finally, it was time to say goodbye. We returned to our own destination. But I chose to stay, to continue my journey. But it was another story.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About ckira


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.