Existing Member?

Ciaran and Ruth's Worldwide Adventures

Hong Kong

HONG KONG | Thursday, 12 July 2007 | Views [509] | Comments [1]

Early mornings and airports - in fairness, neither of us were ever meant to have to endure the two together. Regardless, we dragged ourselves out of bed at 5:30 am (yes, such a time really exists) and set forth to the airport ranked as the world's number 1. Who cares at that hour?

The journey from Hong Kong's new airport to the south end of Kowloon, where our hotel is, takes you over the pretty spectacular Tsing Ma suspension bridge - the second longest bridge in the world if you don't mind and through tunnels cut through imposing hills and mountains, before bringing into sight the dense and hectic metropolis of Hong Kong island.

Our hotel is the Marco Polo Hotel, a reasonably nice spot, and though the view from our room is of cranes and cement trucks, a trip downstairs brings into view the sight shown above.

We did very little today, due mainly to the fact that the hotel is connected (literally - one need not journey outside at all) to FOUR shopping malls. Better still (Ciarán's point of view here), fellow guests in the hotel include Stephen Hendry and John Higgins, respectively the world's best snooker player ever, and the current world champion. Both are in town to play in the invitation only Euro-Asia snooker tournament. Nice one.

Tags: planes trains & automobiles

 

Comments

1

Go on Kamikaze, tell me you took 'em on! That's some view from downstairs...

  Seamus Jul 23, 2007 2:02 AM

About ciaranandruth


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Hong Kong

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.