Existing Member?

Traveler

Catching a Moment - Forest Layers

ROMANIA | Friday, 19 April 2013 | Views [141] | Scholarship Entry

It's a sunny morning in Romania.
My friends and I (a group of young, agile and full of adventure people) woke up today determined to get to the lake Bucura.
We are all prepared with backpacks in the back, snacks, water and lots of good vibes. Our group decided to start singing and sharing experiences. As we advanced discussions have changed, for some are more serious, for others occasionally, later they disappear completely. The compact group that started it is now dividet. After affinities, topics and of course after walking rhythm. As we move up we meet people like us or comeing down. Those who climb seem tired but driven by the desire to reach the top, those who are comeing down are full of serenity and sharing a smile to everyone.
We meet two paths that divide our group even more. A trail challenges you to come and taste the world succumbs risk, it's a narrow path on the cliff, seems easy to navigate but in reality is blood freezeing and makes you move just because it is too narrow to come back. The other path is slippery, with many obstacles that have to bypass. Also the trail is steep and makes your progress slower because your effort is higher.
One of us sees by chance a chamois.We do not move too much because we don't want to scare it. Chamois likes to be admired and photogenic head back to each person. After a little while we kept going. While we eat ours sandwiches, carefully we look around and see that the forest is in constant change, now is moveing from death leaves, black and scarlet brown earth to a little rocky soil, very little vegetation and more stones and rocks.We recall that we could actually enjoy the greenery and a multitude of colorful flowers when we started the journey. Here we met rarely flowers and those seemed unreal, grown in rocky and in one shade of white.We understood that the forest wants to undress of all worldly, to reach the top of the mountain worthy, honest and pure in front of infinity.
We reached the destination and what our eyes saw calm our fatigue.
After reliveing mental the journey, breathing pure air and washing my face with translucent water from the lake, I understood that beyond the physical experience was an inner experience. One that made us see and understand differently. Now we are more harmonious, more fulfilled and we will come back to civilization sharing smiles around us.We'll keep this moment forever within us as a revelation and we will share the story with other friends ... as I did now.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

About carmen


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Romania

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.