Existing Member?

How travel change my life (this one is only of many)

My Scholarship entry - A local encounter that changed my life

WORLDWIDE | Tuesday, 3 April 2012 | Views [240] | Scholarship Entry

The first time ever in my life to travel to other country was in early 2008, the country was Singapore. Not until 2010, did I manage to travel more to other countries, cause that was the year our government release their citizen from Fiscal liability every time their citizen went abroad.

I still remember the first thing that came in mind when I landed on Singapore, how clean this country is and how comfortable their public transportations are. Not something that you’ll find back on my country.

There are two local encounters that really strike my heart on that first journey of mine, but since I only got 2000 characters allowed I will only mention one of them.

It was about queuing up. I notice how neat the citizen of Singapore on queuing up. Even without any line available for queuing up, back in my country, even with line the queue is always a chaos. Sometime at the worst it will lead to riot, I’m not kidding here.

I notice how they will arrange their queue on their own conscious, make it a snake queue style when it’s almost the end of the line. And what really strike me was when a girl want to sneak up in front of us, that girl’s dad call her and tell her not to do that, because these people here already here first before them.

I was sad at that time remembering back in home, everyone will always try to sneak up on queue. Even there are parents who told their children to sneak up on a queue, cause people hardly can mad at children, and then they pretend that their kid was there all the time and join their kid. Sometime I sneak up on queue too, that moment really change my life. I start queuing up, and educate people to queue properly, even sometime on the spot when someone try to sneak up.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About bebek_genitz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.