Existing Member?

I love Syria

My Video scholarship 2010 entry

WORLDWIDE | Saturday, 31 July 2010 | Views [358] | Comments [2] | Scholarship Entry

I felt in love with Syria and wanted to show anyone that it's a very beautiful place with very friendly people. It's sad that almost all of my friends think that Syria is a bad place to be. They just don't know what they are missing...

The main idea of my movie was a collection of interviews in which locals and tourists promote Syria with their own words. Surprizingly almost everyone accepted my request for interview, it was hard to select the good ones. These interviews were then mixed with funny stuff caught by me on camera, to show the huge contrasts of this picturesque country.

My gear is far from being a professional camera (Canon Optura Xi), but it performed quite well, except for its built-in microphone, so I hope in my next journey I'll have an external mic. Also, the lack of a decent tripod made the image a bit shaky.

Right now I'm a student attending cinematography classes at the university and my dream is to become a documentary maker. I would like to capture a lot of beautiful landscapes and beautiful people around the world, but first of all the extraordinary stories and legends behind them.

Tags: 2010 travel video scholarship

Comments

1

Hmmm very good and entertaining but you should try and put subs cause in some of the interviews i can't really make what there saying. But all in all I liked it very much, nice work. Congrats :D

  Eleniel Aug 2, 2010 5:59 PM

2

It's really cool, but as Eleniel said before me, yeah, it definitely needs subs! ;) Other than that, nice job!

  DeLarge Aug 2, 2010 10:58 PM

About balazs


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.