Existing Member?

Asian Adventure

Cambodia

CAMBODIA | Tuesday, 30 March 2010 | Views [404]

We arriv3ed in Cambodia at midnight and found a really nice tuktuk driver called Kevin!He took us to a hostel which was nice and we settled in and went straight to sleep. It was just me, Bridget, Laia, Sarah and josh.

The next day we went for a walk and saw quite a few beggars. We were just having a chill day as we were all still tired when we saw Magda, who we hadnt seen since Vang Vieng and we went out to the night market to watch a film about the Cambodian genocide, that was interesting and we went out to the Anchor What? bar which is really good as you get to write your name on the wall and they play really good music. Me, Sarah and Laia said goodbye to Magda, thought about doing an all nighter and thought against it.

We got back at 2:30 and had to get up at 4:00am to see the sunrise over the Angkor Wat. Kevin picked us up and we found a nice spot and watched the really unspectacular sunrise whilst getting bitten to death by mosquitos!!

We walked up to the Angkor wat and it wasnt really how i expected it to be. we walked round it and it was interesting but just not that amazing! we then went to see all of the little temples around the Angkor wat and they were really good to see. We only did half of them and booked kevin again for tomorrow. We went out that eveing and watched traditional Apsara dancing which was really good fun and then to Angkor wat bar where we saw the people we travelled down to 4000islands with, Lillie, Ned and Mike. We went to a really weird club where they had a karaoke room which was really hillarious and another club where there were no lights and very small people inside!

The next day we did the rest of the temples and a bit of shopping. We left for Phenom Penh the capital the next afternoon. We got to phenom penh after quite a few hours. Went for a walk around and food and slept.

The next day we got picked up by Lucky the tuk tuk driver and went to the killing fields which was interesting but sick as the showed us the tree where they would hold the babys by the feet and bash there heads against it to kill them, we saw the mass graves and it rained today for the first time i had seen and we could see teeth and clothing petruding up from the ground. We then went to s-21 prison where they tortured people and there was still blood stains on the floors it was horrible.

We went out that eveing as it was Laia and Sarahs last before going to Vietnam so we went to a club which was ok and then went to Pontoon which was a club on a boat whcih was really good fun.

The next morning Saraha and Laia left so me, Bridget and Josh went to a market and went out again as it was josh's last night out!! Me and Bridget left the next day for our 24 hour bus ride4 back into Laos so we could catch our flight to Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam.

 

About ambroom


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.