Existing Member?

Country Thunder 2011

Country Thunder 2011

USA | Wednesday, 14 May 2014 | Views [169] | Scholarship Entry

My first trip to Country Thunder, a place where herpes probably comes out of the ground like parvo, and there are days of music, boozing and debauchery we find the gem that is Country Thunder. Boys, boots, bands, booze, jeans and cowboy hats. The fresh sting of slightly sunburned skin, thousands of like minded wild young people looking to cut loose. To feel the very soul of freedom was somewhere between the mechanical bull and the girls on the homemade stripper pole in the bed of a F350. Complete with stereo system that would bring a tear to the eye’s of grown men everywhere. A rig that some ingenious boy devised in his truck like a have-a-heart trap for young and promiscuous females. Not only that it comes complete with ice chest in case the girls get thirsty. That boy whomever he was, he had class for sure.
If you are looking for a little more on the wild side Crazy Coyote Camp is for you here we found RV’s circled like a wagon train, but in the center were stripper poles and a giant rave party. An open party for whomever was still awake out of 10,000 twenty somethings at the event. There were strobe lights, flood lights,generators ,and a DJ booth . They were all losing their minds. Everybody is dancing, people are sitting on the roofs of the RV’s.It was unbelievable for a small town kid like me.
There was a camp along our way to the gates to the venue, they had bullhorns and they were advertising $1 donation to breast cancer for every time a girl flashed them. Inclement weather was no deterrent. People in camps around me put on their bikinis, and swimming shorts and proceeded to play tackle football in the mud.
After 4 days in the sun, and a long drive home, it was back to our real lives.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About adayinthelifeoflucky


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.