Existing Member?

Passing Clouds

The World in One Place: Passing Clouds

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 17 September 2014 | Views [1090] | Scholarship Entry

Amelia and I have known each other for little over a month. That may not seem like long to start working together, but what we have learnt through this high spirited and characterful journey is that we make a damn good team. We've battled night buses, broken mics, intoxicated contributors... And have enjoyed every single minute.
I feel a constant need to be learning, exploring and understanding, hungry for adventures of all sizes and through this documentary have had such an eye opening experience right on my doorstep. This opportunity is the perfect platform for both of us to experience capturing the heart of a new culture through fresh eyes. We want to seek out that same human spirit and sense of celebration that we were lucky to involve ourselves with during our documentary.
My own filmmaking experience is purely through shooting my own shorts which have screened at festivals and screenings in London. I've realised quickly that nothing can beat the thrill of capturing that completely natural moment. I've never received professionally training but instead took my camera to the streets as a a teenager, capturing life as I observed it and building from there.
Winning would mean marrying our two passions in life and envisaging a way to do both at the same time. Having the mentorship of Brian Rapsey would be invaluable to helping me improve as a filmmaker and learning from Brian would be an unbelievable opportunity through documenting this new adventure in Mexico.

Tags: 2014 travel film scholarship to mexico

About zoeandamelia

Amelia and I editing in Met Film School, thanks to the kindness of Met Film School (considering we're not students there!)

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.