Existing Member?

Burma Bound

Sailing Away

MYANMAR | Sunday, 18 March 2007 | Views [1060] | Comments [3]

Thanks to Ann and Larry (and Uncle Eddie), we were able to join the Yangon Sailing club which is on beautiful Lake Inya about 2 miles from our house.  We visited the club today during a very active series of children's races.  They are very serious about sailing and the sailing skill level was impressive.  Zarni chased crows and tried to drink his Dad's beer as the sun set over Yangon.  Earlier in the day, we visited Thihan's uncle U Sang's photo studio and had some professional photos of Zarni taken, some of which we posted. Zarni went to bed early after missing his afternoon nap and so we are getting some work done.  

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

Hi,
I'm looking for a Burmese friend from 20 years ago. Her name is Marjorie Thwin. I was Googling her and I saw her husband's name (Eddie) on your link.
I tried to access the sailing club's website, but can't get through.
Any chance you know these two people?

  Diba Jul 24, 2009 8:00 PM

2

Hi did you manage to get in touch with Marjorie Thwin? If you haven´t, please let me know.I know them.

  Hnin Nov 5, 2009 5:48 AM

3

Hello Hnin, I am looking for Marjorie Thwin who lived/lives at 6, Pyithu Lane in Yangon. Would you have a number or email I can contact Marjorie. We worked together in Beijing at MSB many years ago.
Thank you for any help! Caroline

  Hnin Oct 24, 2015 2:53 AM

About zaza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Myanmar

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.