Existing Member?

china

The Silk Market

CHINA | Tuesday, 4 August 2009 | Views [517]

Disney World has got nothing on Beijings Silk Market. This place has everything from shoes , and scarveswallets to ,watches, electronics, toys,and jewelery. The Vendors here are quite enthusiastic. When traditional advertisment doesnt work these sales women will often resort to actual physical restraint. Fighting for your price at the market becomes a game, constantly challenging your self to pay less and less. We became so excited we would even argue and fight for evn just an additional dollar or two off. Shopping in the US after being exposed to the silk market just feels like a let down. The price of items in the US and at the Silk Market start about the same. The difference here is that at the Silk Market you can fight bitterly with the merchants until theyre begging you to pay 5% of what they originaly asked. Perusing China's many markets and haggling for goods is one of the most exhilarting and rewarding experiences to be had anywhere.

Tags: bartering, beijing, china, silk market

About yram777


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.