Existing Member?

china

more food china

CHINA | Monday, 27 July 2009 | Views [330]

Since we are in north china now, we do not see any rice. they grow and eat wheat. We saw wheat from our train from Shanghia. it is hard to get mayonaise, they are happy to give you a sandwich and possible ketchup but no mayonaise.

The hot water pot is very popular. we have had one in each of our hotel rooms. It is very handy, it is a metal pot on a base , you press a lever on the top to start it heating it takes about 3-4 minutes to boil when you pick it up it turns itself off. now you can make tea or romin.

In Shanghia there seem to be an impromtu gay protest, very peaceful, but unexspected to see. The personel rights and freedoms of the chinese people is amazing.

Also the chinese look out for us tourest, Americans. When they see us they point us in the right direction, they know what we are tring to do and move us along. When we step of the train or out of a taxis, it seems like there is always someone standing there showing us where to go.

In general things are labled very well, Jack learned the Manderan symbols very fast and would describe them for me , like exit symbols look like a race car and the back of a truck.

About yram777


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.