Existing Member?

Itchy Feet

Mui Ne

VIETNAM | Saturday, 4 July 2015 | Views [211]

We had an eventful start to our few days in Mui Ne. After almost missing the bus from Ho Chi Minh City, it blew a tyre a few hours into the journey. It took the drivers about 2 and a half hours to fix it and screw a new one on at the side of the road. This meant we arrived in Mui Ne 3 hours late at 3am. The bus dropped us off (only about 5 of us were getting off here) in the middle of nowhere. There were a couple of random Vietnamese guys with motorbikes offering to give us a lift to our hostel but we declined. They told us it was 2km down the road so off we went walking with our backpacks in the darkness - thank god for the maps.me app that assured us we were going in the right direction! We made it to the hostel safe and sound just very tired!

We met up with Ben and George again in the hostel and some of their mates from Laos. Having spent the last week doing cities, we had a day by the pool in our hostel. It was just what we needed, especially with it being so hot. We met loads of people round the pool that day and all of us had a massive game of pool volleyball. 

By the evening we had a group of about 20 of us and we all went out for dinner to this Mexican restaurant next door. We all came back to the hostel bar for 'pre drinks' before going on to Dragon Beach Club down the road. It was such a good night with a lot of laughs.

The next day everyone (particularly me) was feeling rough. The morning was spent by the pool and then the whole group had booked onto the sand dunes tour.

The tour started with a visit to Fairy Stream. We walked all along this stream in the water to see the waterfall at the end, however when we got there the waterfall had dried up as there hadn't been any rain.

The next stop on the tour was Fisherman's Village which absolutely stank so luckily we didn't stop there very long. After that we went to the white sand dunes, something I've not seen before. It was so much fun running down them and quad biking but it hurt when the wind blew the sand everywhere. Never in my life have I been covered in so much sand! We then went on the the 'red' sand dunes (although I would say they were orange) to watch the sunset.

That evening everyone just chilled round the pool and in the bar still broken from the previous night! 

Mui Ne has definitely been a highlight of the trip, both of us have really enjoyed it.

Y x

About ymoughton


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.