Existing Member?

Workin the World The 4 month trip that lasted 5 years .. all the adventures from Workers final year o/s and the trip back to Oz.

Sun in St Lucia & Ireland Belted in Barbados

SAINT LUCIA | Friday, 13 April 2007 | Views [5298]

Just back from cruising the Caribbean on a Catamaran watching the World Cup Cricket (how many C's can we fit into one sentence!). Yes the second half of April was spent with Mouse, Bunny, Amelia, Watto, Evans, Dicko, Cashman, Jutto and el Capitano watching Australia cruise to victory in the world cup.

Arriving in St Lucia on April 11 we were whisked away to Marigot bay (see pic) where we spent our first couple of nights chilling out by the beach and bar. We also managed to get a local boat man, Cuthbert, to take us snorkelling one day up the coast, all in all a magic spot but be warned the sun is hot, hot, hot.

Bunny wraps up work for the day

Now it may be my skin has become too English over the years but I got burnt like never before in just a couple of hours, pain which did not help when lugging a pack around for a few days.

View from our room

Sunset In Marigot Bay

After our day in the sun we woke at 4am and left in the dead of night to hit St Lucia domestic airport, the only airport I have ever been to where the taxi drops you at the check in desk, literally. Once checked in we boarded the cigar of death up to Barbados with much anticipation of seeing our first WC game, Australia v Ireland. Call me narrow minded but the thought of two locals piloting a light aircraft didn't fill me with confidence however we did manage to get to Barbados sans tickets as the Cash was stuck in Puerto Rico with them. We met up with CA & Taryn here and through some great negotiations by CA & Bunny we managed to get our tickets reissued. After having our pic taken with Swervin Mervyn and hearing the atmosphere in the ground we were pumped, unfortunately so were the Irish ... the game was over by lunch time.

Fortunately for us however the party stand kept pumping out the rums so by the time we eventually left at 3pm it felt like a normal full day at the cricket, despite the fact we were only there for 3 hours.

That night the cash finally arrived and thats about all I can remember, next stop Grenada to pick up our cat ....

Tags: Party time

About worker


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Saint Lucia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.