Existing Member?

Everywhere but Home Life in Shanghai and on the road in China.

Uh oh, bummer week

CHINA | Sunday, 13 May 2012 | Views [800]

May 13, 2012

It has been a little while since I've blogged about the happenings and daily adventures of Chinese life.  I have not been much in the mood to write about much and I don't want to bore a reader if I have nothing to say so I will be brief this time around.

Last Saturday I had a wonderful brunch for Cinco de Mayo including a smoked salmon filet over roast potatos with a passionfruit margarita.  Nico and I had met up for brunch then headed to the riverside to locate an art festival where we met his friend, and my new good friend Jamie.  The three of us started a wild evening at the art festival and then headed back into central Shanghai for food and party.  We danced at The Apartment until 3a.m when I decided I was tired and must head for home.  Sometime in the evening I had an accident that noone quite remembers.  The next morning my foot was swollen beyond shape and it hurt to walk.  So, for the past week I have been tending to my foot and ankle with no idea what caused this unfortunate event.  It is Sunday and good news is the swelling finally subsided but I have all sorts of discoloration and tenderness still on my ankle.  Laid low for the weekend with hopes not walking might improve healing but it still looks as though I have some days to go. 

Back to another work week and not much else I presume.  As days go by I have finally located grocery spots in the city where I can get imported Western foods.  I've picked up some pasta, sause, beans and cheese but this little bit cost me significantly!  I still have to find some median that I can enjoy the cheap cost of local food but still have some comforts of familiarity.

Hopefully when my foot is promisingly healed I will start booking weekend travels to keep my adventures going.  Up next is Suzhou and Hangzhou, two cities known to be the most beautiful cities in China.  The good news is that they are only 1-2hours away.

Happy Mothers day and I'll hopefully have more exciting words coming soon.

Niko

Tags: import foods, injury, sprain

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.