Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 64 – 3rd July 2015 Friday – HoiAn to Nha Trang

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 6 July 2015 | Views [319]

We woke to the news that Phil Walsh, Adelaide Crows coach had been murdered. What a shock. We had ordered breakfast last night to be ready on the table at 6.30am and it was. Our driver arrived at 7.15am and we said goodbye to Dung, Cuc and Nuynh. The trip to Danang was slow as the driver was taking his time. We checked in and went through security and it was all uneventful. Not like last time when we were overweight and had to take stuff out of our cases and put it in hand luggage. I had already done all the hard work of weighing our cases and rearranging everything so we would not exceed our weights. We arrived in Nha Trang and were picked up and taken the 30km to our hotel. Danny again welcomed U.S. and advised we were on the 2nd floor tonight but will move to the 4th floor tomorrow as the guest on the 4th floor extended by one night. This means we don't unpack until we are established upstairs. The hotel hasn't changed much and it was like coming home. The room is nice and cool and the air conditioner works much better than HoiAn. We head out for a quick bite at the doner kebab place at the alleyway entrance. We then walk down the street looking for any push bikes to hire. We went in one place and they wanted US$7 a day for a mountain bike which is ridiculous as a scooter is only $5. We found a place further on that was $3 a day and Kevin was happy to pay this for 20 days. I still haven't decided and will by tomorrow. I left Kevin at the bike rental place and kept on walking to Nha Trang Plaza a large department store with a supermarket. It was further away than I remembered and so after shopping I caught a taxi back as the groceries and water was heavy. I dropped the drinks off and Kevin came home from a quick ride up the coast line. He is happy with the bike but a little concerned about the traffic as it is much more than in HoiAn. I left him at hotel to go and get a bottle of Gin. Picked up Saphire for VND$330k or A$20. Kevin decided to go for a walk to the beach to get some more exercise and to catch the afternoon sea breeze. We stopped to look at the push bike I had seen for rent or sale in the laneway and it appears ok other than the tyres needing air. She wants VND$400k to buy or VND$25k a day to rent. Have decided to buy and told her I would be back tomorrow morning to pick it up. Asked her to pump up the tyres so I could go for a ride. We decide to go to Same Same But Different Restaurant for dinner.  We have been here previous years but will not be going back again as it was only average. We walked around the block and then back to hotel. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.