Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 63 – 2nd July 2015 Thursday – HoiAn

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 3 July 2015 | Views [333]

Kevin was up at 5am to ride to Marble  Mountain. He wanted to do it one time earlier and hopefully when it is cooler. Monika and JA came to our Homestay at 7am for our morning ride. We headed the same way that I walk in the morning through Cam Thanh. We then turned out past The Field Restaurant and zig zagged to the house you ride through but the son wouldn't let us so we had to turn around and head back. We came out on Cua Dai Road near the Bridge and went across into the rice fields, along the track until  Tra Que Village. We stopped for breakfast at the café on the corner at An Bang. I had Pho Bo, beef noodle soup with bread and a sugar cane juice. We only rode 17.4km due to the heat and all of us feeling a bit lethargic after the last few days. Kevin had decided to have breakfast at the Homestay and a new guest Sofi from England asked to follow him to the beach on her bike. He arrived at around 9.30 and Sofi joined us in our favourite hut. She has just completed her medical degree and is about to start work in a hospital. It is again really hot and by 12 I am thinking of heading back to start packing. We say goodbye to Monika and JA and ride back together. After lunch I start packing and before long my back has gone and I am in agony. I carry on while Kevin lays on the bed watching and listening to the radio. Once I have nearly finished he decides to get his case down and start packing. Later we walk over to Betel to say goodbye and Ms Le has just come back with a dress for me and a long sleeve shirt for Kevin. Kevin did tell me the shirt was blue but it turns out it is purple. He must be going colour blind. My dress is a surprise and is a very fitted number. I really doubt I will wear it as I don't like clothes that are tight fitting and show all your bulges and bits. We then went back and loaded the box of belongings we are leaving behind with Vang onto the scooter and we took Kevin's bike and the box of goodies to Vangs house. Wing was crying and so we didn't stay very long. Appears Vang and Duc have bought a new air conditioner for their bedroom. When we got back Dung told me all about the AC as Vang spoke with him and he got it for them. It wasn't long befor Dung was knocking on the door to say that Andrew had arrived for he dinner party that the Homestay was throwing for us. We wondered out and the Larue was flowing. Dinner started to be served and Duc, Tri and Wing came. Vang was working until 6.30 so she came on her way home. It was a nice evening with Dung, Cuc, Huynh, Duc, Vang and Tri to bot, hai, ba, jo! All night. We managed to get away around 9.15 and headed to bed. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.