Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 29 – 29th May 2015 Friday – HoiAn

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 30 May 2015 | Views [349]

We have now been away for 4 weeks and normally we would be on our way home now. We are both so glad that is not the case. I went walking out Cam Thanh way and took the first road back toward Cua Dai and then turned right and went further out into the countryside and took the next right back toward the Red Bridge Road. It was a nice walk among the rice fields and there were people working with oxen and also tilling the fields. After breakfast we headed to the beach. Kevin's time today 16 min 45sec with a head wind again. It's only 37C today and it only feels like 43C. Fortunately a breeze came up from the south east and this bought some relief. Kevin ordered lunch of a ham and cheese baguette and fries. I headed back at 1.15 to prepare for my lesson with Ms Le. Kevin came back at 3pm. At our lesson today we spent time on spelling people's names and email addresses. When I got back to the Homestay I had missed a call from Hien who wanted to invite us to dinner. I had to ring her to apologise for not replying sooner and that we were unable tonight as we had other plans. We met Jodi for dinner at Pho Xua at 7pm and waited for the Canadian ladies but they didn't show. We ordered white rose to share, Kevin the Bun Cha (grilled pork meatball and noodle salad) Jodi the My Quang and I ordered Bun 5 Vi. It was again a delicious meal and cost around A$10 for the three of us. We wondered down a few streets and then stopped for Kevin to get an ice cream and then went onto a coffee shop. We sat in the entrance and did a little people watching and chatted further about travelling. Jodi was leaving tomorrow and was going to HCMC. She was planning to catch a taxi for $40 and I told her I would ring our friend Duc as he was a driver and see what price we could get. I rang Vang and didn't realise it was now 9pm and I probably woke her up. She quickly said they would make the arrangements and it would cost only $11. Jodi was very pleased. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.