Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 131 - 2nd September 2014 Exploring Nannup and Manjimup

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 2 September 2014 | Views [459]

Day 131 2nd September 2014 Tuesday. All packed and ready by 8.15am. The weather is clear again. Headed out and turned right toward Nannup. The road was very hilly and it took an hour to travel approx. 60 km. We stopped in the town to look at the tulips. Unfortunately they were nearly finished and the display was not as good as what mum and dad remembered from 2011. We kept on to Manjimup and then to Quinninup which is approx. 35km south of Manjimup and off the main road. The caravan park is nice and big and the town must have a population of 40 only. There is a tavern and not much else. We set up, had lunch and then headed back toward Manjimup and stopped at the Diamond Karri Tree which is a large Karri Tree with pegs around the tree all the way to the top. Dad climbed a little way up for the photo opportunity. We did a small 600m loop walk through the forest. It was awesome. We then went into the Visitor Centre at Manjimup to get directions to the Timber and Heritage Park. We wondered around the Park for close on an hour and it was very interesting. We then went out to the King Jarrah which is a Jarrah forest with this large Jarrah tree prominent in the middle and a loop walk around. Mum and I did the walk while dad went back to the car. We came back to the park and found our vans surrounded by 50-100 kangaroos. Some were friendly and would come up to your hand and you could feed them if you wanted. Some had joey’s sticking out of their pouches. No TV reception so it will be movies for entertainment at night.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.