Existing Member?

A different World

In Hunza, women...

PAKISTAN | Friday, 12 September 2014 | Views [258] | Scholarship Entry

Traveling is for me the best way to develop my empathy for the world. Reading stories, watching films... are also great tools to go under the skin of other people. I believe in a world with a lot of empathy: a world with a lot of diversity, but no division between East and West, North and South, nature and culture, man and woman...
I want to use media -texts, videos, photographs- as a tool to make people more critical and to think for themselves. I do not want to tell stories that enhance stereotypes, or are part of the single stories that are the only told stories about persons, countries, cultures... but I want to show other sides of the prism, that makes us smile, makes us think...

I believe that easy language and a sense for humor can help to connect a great audience with these videos which don't have really a message, but more a feeling, a spark that starts some thinking...

I work now as intern for Johan Grimonprez, a Belgian film maker and video-artist, who is finishing his documentary for Sundance about capitalism and weapon trade, called Shadow World. Before I worked as post production assistant for Belgian national television.

Winning would be the beginning of a new learning adventure., where I can learn how to connect images with a story. When traveling I love to take the camera to capture the world, but still find myself frustrated in the editing trying to find a story. Although I have seen more than countries double my age (25), I haven't been in Mexico.

Tags: 2014 Travel Film Scholarship to Mexico

About wendiertje

me watching Pakistan

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Pakistan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.