Existing Member?

mind traveler.

Canoe Trip

BRAZIL | Friday, 5 July 2013 | Views [431]

CANOE TRIP 2011

 

It all began on 31 June with a gathering of 14 people on the Island of parts. Overnight organize the food that we would eat and load during the next 15 days, and also the clothes that we raised to be donated to the traditional community during the trip.

 

Canoe trip is a nonprofit project that occurs every year in the month of July, on the coast of the state of Paraná, in the islands of the municipality Guaraqueçaba, where there is an Environmental Protection Area. Within this area several traditional communities living along with a lush and unspoiled nature, framed as the largest continuous area of ​​the Atlantic throughout Brazil. The creator of this expedition is Renato Pereira (Renato Caiçara), great scholar and a native of the local culture, which organizes the trip every year as a tool to share the natural beauty of the region and particularly the lives of the native population with people living in a reality external to traditional communities.

 

Were approximately 150 km traveled rowing and sailing in canoes carved from a single wood trunk. The expedition had 15 stops, among these, eight communities. Traveled inlets, bays and rivers shaped maze, isolated places impossible to be visited without the presence of a native.

Woke up, anxious and apprehensive, at 5 pm on July 1 with a rain and a rousing uplifting cold. We went towards the beach and getting there we encounter six canoes, we were surprised that we had to build our candles using sheets, ropes and bamboos. Cell phones off, no clocks or expectations, one stroke sufficed for the journey begin.

 

Right away, we see the paddle more dangerous route, about 15 km to the Island of Bananas. Most members were first-timers, some do not know how to swim. That would be the biggest challenge of the expedition and help in the rain. Throughout the journey we were accompanied by dolphins, elements that would be present during the entire trip. The challenge was won without sinking.

 

We got to the paradise and desert island of Bananas. Unloading the luggage we had another surprise: everything was wet. Our lodge in a cave, made fire and Renato presented in the script of the trip. We made a circle and talked, each was given a new name, dined and slept inside the cave. From there it would be so cold bath, toilets rare, little comfort, but very challenging and learning.

Tags: brazil, canoe, cave, island, sea, trip

 

About wanderlustmind


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.