Existing Member?

All those days that is life

All you need is courage and creativity

NORWAY | Sunday, 20 April 2014 | Views [148] | Scholarship Entry

It was a rainy day in the fall of 2011. It was that time between summer and christmas, that time when your days becomes a loop of the day before. Nothing new, school, work, sleep and repeat. We used to go out in the weekends but that too seemed like a loop, in a little town you will always meet the same people, go to the same places. And when my life felt like it was going on autopilot i received a text from a good friend i hadn't seen since the summer. "Do you want to go to Finland?". I said yes.

I had no idea what was going to happen in Finland, no idea if i should say yes, all i knew was that someone was paying for the trip and they wanted someone creative. A week before the trip i got a message from an unknown number "still wanna go to Finland?". Once again i said yes. The next message i got "Cool, your plane-tickets are sent to your e-mail.

So i went, to Finland. We where picked up at the airport by a girl with white hair, she told us what we where going too do, we where going to a music-workshop for 4 days with youths from the barents area. We drove up to a small hotel where the hotel-rooms where small cabins around the lake by the hotel. It was in the very north of Finland and the first snow had already fallen, and the city was packed with Japanese tourist looking for Santa Clause.

For four days we played music, talked, drank beer and laughed. When i came home i felt changed, i was shaken out of my usual pattern, i felt a meaning in my day too day life.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About vktoria


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Norway

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.