Existing Member?

african women

My Video scholarship 2010 entry

WORLDWIDE | Wednesday, 21 July 2010 | Views [2542] | Scholarship Entry

I love travel because when looking at the distance I rethink about what’s close, about my culture. So I decided to go to Africa, to a seven months trip.

The subject of the documentary was clear in my mind - women in different cultures – however, I tried not to have a rigid and closed structure that wouldn’t allow me to discover the unknown, the spontaneity. Being a woman and travelling on my own in a complete new territory (at least, to me) talking with and about women in very sexist societies was the biggest challenge I had to face. The feeling of not being able to understand some things traveled with me all along but then I accepted that I ‘could not understand', 'don't like', 'don't fall in love with everything' - and I respected them at the same time - I could enjoy more my trip… and I could then start to discover the new.

By doing a bit of that I bring to the people that don't want to take big bus trips, feel the 40 degrees of Bamaco, etc the sensations, making them questioning their rights and trying to see the other without stereotypes. By making people to try to understand and respect other cultures I believe I am helping to build a more humanitarian and peaceful world - and that's my ambition as documentarist and as human being.

Tags: 2010 travel video scholarship

About viajera


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.