Existing Member?

Life changing experience

My Scholarship entry - A local encounter that changed my life

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 23 February 2012 | Views [439] | Scholarship Entry

Life is mysterious. It has it’s own ways. Change is a constant phenomenon. Life keeps on changing every moment, with experiences, both good and bad, sorrows and happiness, friends and enemies, and even strangers have an impact on our lives.

More so, while traveling, we have many more experiences, we meet so many people, every moment is an adventure, learning new things, unlearning few things, taking help from others, watching different things, people, culture, eating different food, feeling distinct weather, talking to strangers, making friends, see beautiful landscapes and nature, be free, have fun, and a lot more than that.

A traveler learns how to deal with life more efficiently, be more comfortable with the world.
I went to Agra, the city of Taj Mahal, with a Bulgarian friend. We didn’t know each other well enough. But, travelers don’t care about such things much, as they learn and experience places and things by meeting locals and traveling with them too.
We were on our way to finding a hotel to stay at night, as it was quite late at night in winters, with the cool wind blowing quite strongly, when the auto driver started quarreling with me, and trying to run away with my Bulgarian friend. He threatened to call police and tell them that one Indian guy is searching for a hotel with a foreigner to spend a night. I’ve always been strong at such times, so took control of the situation, and stopped another auto driver, who saved me and my bulgarian friend from that horrendous driver.

It was a life and perception changing scenario for me, because before that I didn’t use to trust any person, especially strangers, but after that one great helping experience, I started trusting more people than usual.

Tags: travel writing scholarship 2012

 

About uniquewriter


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.