Existing Member?

Discover World!

Istanbul in my eyes

TURKEY | Thursday, 1 May 2014 | Views [117] | Scholarship Entry

My name is Zimam Asghar and I am from Pakistan. Iam studying in Istanbul, Turkey. I am a fun loving girl, want to enjoy every moment at the fullest. I love to do all things that makes me feel happy. Travelling is one of them. I decided to study abroad because I wanted to know another culture and gain some beautiful experiences. so I chose Turkey. I came here on 16th September 2013. I was happy but there were some questions in my mind that will I accept this new culture and people? I am from different country, will it be a problem for me? Do people like to talk with strangers in Istanbul??? If not what ll I do ? I dont really know anyone here. But when I landed in Istanbul, I met with some people at airport they were Turkish and they seemed like happy and after knowing that I am here for studies they became so happy. All of sudden the questions that were disturbing me went away. I found Istanbul as a welcoming city. That was the beginning. Later on, I came to my university, I still remember the first Day of my class. I entered the room and all students were looking at me but in nice way as if they are so happy to see me. After lecture, they started to talk with me that where am I from, I was so happy because I made friends on that day. I found Turkish people so friendly. When they see International people around them they feel happy and ready to help them. I started to visit picturesque sights of Istanbul. I love this city. I love everything about this city. Even when I am in ferry and look around, I find blue Bosphorus Sea with cherrish waves seems like playing without worrying about the world. Life in Istanbul is fascinating. You meet with new people from different nationalities. I think thats why its true about Istanbul where East meets West. I have seen craziest moments in Istanbul but hilarious too! I am having a very good time in Istanbul. The first glimpse of Istanbul will always remain in my mind no matter how many cities will visit in future. I am gaining experiences daily that will help me in visiting another cities in future. Make new friends and do alot of fun and enjoyment.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About travelwithme


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.