Existing Member?

Six countries and counting

The hidden oasis of the Deccan

INDIA | Wednesday, 7 March 2012 | Views [679]

I wouldn't call myself a traveler but I do love travelling. Its a about seeing new places and having a feeling of done that. Having this eirie sense of being part of something bigger, something that was discovered or made by someone so much more talented and adventurous. Experiencing something that is history and relieving someone else's life through this small window of being in the place that all that happened years ago.

Out of my recent travels, the places that have given this feeling were Lothal (which is one of the Harrappan civilizations, this side of the border), Chikmanglore and Ethipotla falls.

Today I'll write about the falls as I went there just yesterday with some real good company .

Ethipotla falls is a three hr drive from Hyderabad, didn't know abt it till recently. What greets one and intrigues one about Ethipotla falls is that once you have seen the falls from a distance and seen that It was definitely made by a sculpture with great geometric precision, are the words written near the entrance of the garden from where one can see the falls. The paragraph is from the journal of a European traveler who braved the jungle which he says was 'infested' by tigers and bears to see the waterfall. But what both he and me agree to is that the falls , fall over a wonderful formation of rocks which look as if landscaped by hand by a master.

The rocks are formed in a perfect table formation surrounded by a flat land through which the river cuts through forming a valley up ahead. The waterfall is the only area where there are palm trees and other vegetation makes the waterfall the oasis of nagarjuna sagar. The waterfalls were definitely worth the three hr drive, getting lost intermediately and having a minor heat stroke.

Tags: dam, ethipotala falls, hyderabad, india, nagarjuna sagar, table formations, water fall

About travelling_noodles

A rainy Thai trip

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.