Existing Member?

JenOntheRoad “A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” – Lao Tzu

TOP 5 Reasons why you should go in a host family !

IRELAND | Friday, 29 May 2015 | Views [367]

It is a different way to travel and a choice. It is a unique experience to live with local people. I spend two month in a host family in Ireland and it was just great and magical. Let me introduce ti you the top 5 !

1. IT IS COMFORTING

If it is your first travel, it is more esay because you are not alone. There are all family or foreign student (in the house) who can help you. If you have a problem they are here for you. It is convenient too !  You do not have to search an accomodation or to cook your diner.

2. TO IMPROVE YOUR LANGUAGE

It is the better way to improve your language because if you want something you have to communicate with the family ! But do not worry they are patient and will help you. Here it is not school, if you made a mistake this is not bad, at the contrario they will assit you with your shortcoming.

3. TO HAVE A GREAT EXPERIENCE

If you want to go in a host family it is because you want to share something with them ;  well this is the same thing for the family who welcome you. They just want to talk about you, your lifestyle. It is very interesting to exchange our culture. Personally, I am keeping great memory from my stay ! We went to the bowling, we watched tv together, we visited the area of Dublin and they introduce me all their familly with a local and big diner ! They was very curious about me and we had a true sharing. I think if you are nice and try to understand them they will be happy to greet you !

4. OUT OF BEATEN PATH

Wth good tips given by your family you have the possibility to disciver great places not mentionned in you guide ! It is a cool way to lost yourself in a path different of tourist ;) Because of your family you could have an heartbreaking about a place or a monument or a landscape that you could never discovered without them !

5. "SLOW TRAVEL"

I think it is perfect for this kind of travel because you are not time limit, you can cross all country and having time to know your host. I think it is important taking time to learn the custom, lifestyle, popular event because it is the only way to know the country and local people. 

Of course there are rules like everywhere !  So if you are respectfull and intentional the host will be happy to welcome you ! If you are interested do not think just jump ! :p

if someone is searching a lovely family in Dublin, just contact me, I know one very well.

ENJOY !

 

Tags: #ireland #travel #hostfamily #reasons #slowtravel

 

About travelerdiaryinusa


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.