Existing Member?

Learning Curaçao's culture through dance

Curaçao's Rich History

ARUBA | Saturday, 30 August 2014 | Views [176] | Scholarship Entry

I started the Bare Feet® blog back in 2010, documenting my travels as I experienced the world, one dance at a time. Since then, I started the Bare Feet® Web Series, and now my online content has been repurposed for distribution on TV (NYC Life) in New York. I have been doing everything on my own, from filming to editing to marketing to EVERYTHING! I recently started working with editors, but being a self-taught "filmmaker" (taking free lessons at the Apple store, learning to use my camera thru trial and error, etc.) I would love to get a better grasp of my craft for not only hosting, dancing, and connecting with locals, but also with documenting these incredible adventures!

My submission is from my trip to Curaçao (which isn't even a country listed in the submission list - I put down Aruba, one of its sister islands). I know it's over the length requirement, but maybe because I stumped your drop down menu, you'll give it a look (even until the 3 min mark) :-)

I have always wanted to film the Day of the Dead in Mexico - I started my journey after jumping into local festivals and celebrations on my vacations. From there, I wanted to capture the amazing energy of the places I visited and the unmistakable connection I made with the local people.

With this scholarship, I would be able to continue this journey of documenting my dance adventures, educating myself more not just on the culture of this festival but also the invaluable lessons of filming and storytelling.

Tags: 2014 Travel Film Scholarship to Mexico

About travelbarefeet


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Aruba

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.