Existing Member?

Letters from Random Places

The Last Hurrah - Sydney

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 22 August 2007 | Views [874] | Comments [1]

I'm afraid to say that I didn't make the Barrier Reef, as shocking as that may sound. The weather was unseasonably questionable when I arrived back in Cairns and I was tired from long days in the mountains, so lounged around and wandered the streets before heading back to Sydney on the 2 hour flght aboard Virgin Blue with some beer swilling Aussies at 10:30am. Fosters for breakfast it seems.

The first day or so in Sydney was pretty miserable weather so I spent it in or near the hotel vegging and watching movies, which was just fine by me. The first day I ventured out I was caught in a very light and brief shower where several raindrops (may have) gotten onto my clothes. The very nice people at the G-Star store were kind enough to welcome me in to safety from the elements, and since I had at least one or two raindrops on me I was forced to take off my ruined clothes and buy all new ones.

I also went out riding for the first time in many years (won't say how many) in Centennial Park which was great. A refresher lesson in the stable then off for a trot through the park.

Back to San Francisco on United. And so the Fat Lady sings on an amazing trip. Australia has so much to see that I'll be back. 3 weeks just scratched the surface.

- C -

Tags: Relaxation

Comments

1

Hi colin
glad to see you got a ride in sydney. are you sure you are not responsible for the equine influenza outbreak in centennial park and sweeping through sydney and nsw now .Yes you could have got a ride in nq if you had wanted one, keep on blogging
regards john & Dianna

  john Sep 3, 2007 9:26 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.