Existing Member?

Biking to Barcelona

Day 8 - On 01 August - herpes! Melle to Barbezieux-Saint-Hilaire (65miles)

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 5 August 2015 | Views [170]

We left Melle and Jassar was slightly unimpressed as Shiambi decide to set the alarm at 7am so we could have a sleep in not that Jassar or Taitoko needed a sleep in as they racked up 11hours sleeping time!! 

 

We all thought it was going to be cold so we wrapped ourselves up nice and warm. Stopped within the first 15mins 'needing  to take off arm warmers off', half hr later stopped to take leggins off, then would you believe we stopped yet again with the first hour to take shoe covers off.. Now Shiambi agrees that a 'sleep in' might not work for us! 

 

We soon whizzed passed some amazing windmills that were so close to us. So yup you guessed it we stopped for a photo. Several hours passed by and we were greeted with an amazing sunflower field and couldn't resisted more photo opportunities. 

 

Soon after scampered up some trying hills and dusty roads the sentry changes from sunflowers to grape vines and the two Kelly's couldn't resist getting up to their usual antics and playing silly games in between photo snaps. 

 

Again with the weather warming and in need of drinking lots of water there were many pee breaks required! One pee stop was more eventful involving a topless Taitoko! Her top ripped off by Jassar as Shiambi spotted a sneaky wasp creeping up to give the girls a quick tweak! 

 

We road through many small towns but one tickled us particularly! A town called Herpes! So took some candid shots with the town sign in the background and of course one as we left (clearly indicating no more Herpes!)

 

As time passed we are getting a tad more comfortable and instead of reapplying chamois cream to protect our behinds behind a bush we just do where are stood, no time to waste as that time is taken up with de clothing earlier in the day!

 

We had stocked up the night before on supplies and found a small deserted town and purchased on some hay bails to feed our hunger pains and to have a siesta! ( to let the food settle of course! and to fit in with our frequent stoppages!) 

 

During our siesta Taitoko decided to decorate Sukhis nether regions with buttercups! (Don't worry this was in fact over her cycle shorts!) and Taitoko then thought she would use the opportunity as a photo shoot with possibility of making some money 😉. 

 

We finally ended our long day with a walk to the supermarket which seemed to take forever! The French kilometre my arse! 

About tourdefriends


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.