Existing Member?

Biking to Barcelona

Day 6 - Angers to Bressuire

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 2 August 2015 | Views [168]

 

Is it the seat? The cleats? Or just not enough cycling training?? 😢
 
On day six we saw the French countryside by way of train after a very slow start savouring cafes in the hotel cafe as the train to our next destination didn't leave  until 1pm. Due to another 10 long days ahead Shiambi thought it better to stay off the leg after 300 miles and we were forced to have an early rest day. This has given us the chance to catch up on some much needed blogging!!
 
Taitoko and Jassar have been fab at playing nurse, popping along to the pharmacy and getting Shiambi bandages, muscle rubs and painkillers, etc. The only things missing are their nurses outfits 😝!
 
On the train we were suitably impressed with the French way!! Bikes hanging from racks and plenty of seating room with power outlets. We admired the potential cycle paths from the window - Taitoko looking more than a little forlorn already missing her saddle! But as we have somehow been racking up a dozen plus extra miles a day, we'll make up the lost mileage in no time!
 
We munched yet another baguette sandwich on the platform waiting for our next train and attracted attention not just from le Francois but from their bloody ants as well!
 
Upon arriving at our bed and breakfast we were greeted by a retired Englishwoman who had a lot to say not to mention she was expecting 3 guys to show up! Sukhi knew all along but thought it hilarious not to correct her or tell us to her own amusement when we all stared at each other awkwardly.
 
We lazed around the pool and the Kellys had a dip in the freezing water. Temps have been unseasonably low but are set to rise tomorrow, but still good enough for all our washing to dry - hey, gotta make use of not being shattered. We finally had dinner outside in the warm French country air washing it down with yet another bottle of vino. We did say we were on holiday, right?
 
Another early night as we think our cycling time will be slower tomorrow to help protect the calf muscle - fingers crossed it holds up!

About tourdefriends


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.