Existing Member?

Mid Life Crisis - Kilimanjaro 2015 Challenger both Body and Mind

How do you follow the last blog, Surrounding yourself with the right people – Kilimanjaro Blog

TANZANIA | Monday, 9 March 2015 | Views [639]

Bike

Bike

In the last blog two weeks ago I was talking about having a vision, goals to aim for and the need for having plans to achieve these, not to mention the small item of having a baby a couple of weeks before I climb Kilimanjaro.

With this news, a crazy work life at the moment, training weekend in Snowdonia cycling, the realisation of surrounding myself with the right people have REALLY started to show its importance.

The list of people who have shown support is huge, obviously my wife Tracey has to be first on the list, family and friends, not to mention the numerous people and local businesses who have kindly sponsored me, with sponsorship currently standing at nearly £1200.

Social media and marketing support has been provided for me by my company (Oxford Innovation) Marketing Department and my colleagues including Katharine Bourke. She’s an endless supplier of support, advice and what I really like, a coaching view into what I am doing, helping me think of other avenues of support with her questioning. My friend Sarah Darch has also helped me generate a promotional flyer, again hoping to increase awareness and drive sponsorship.

The final piece of good news is that despite watching the Rhod Gilbert v Kilimanjaro video on Youtube, my friend Dave Loewy has finally decided that this is too good an opportunity to miss and have booked his climb with me. We have talked about this off and on for two years and it has been on his bucket list for a long time too.

I also had the pleasure of meeting the volunteers at Cruse Bereavement Care in Street, I was totally humbled by meeting these wonderful people and hearing about the support they offer. Almost everyone I know has been touched by the emotional challenges of dealing with bereavement. Cruse helps people to come to terms with the loss of someone they love, providing face to face or remote support as needed. 

If you would like to sponsor me, please go to https://www.justgiving.com/Tony-Mattravers/ or if you know of any PR Opportunities or companies who may wish to sponsor me (Don’t forget, it comes off any individual or company profit and thus tax bill, https://www.gov.uk/tax-limited-company-gives-to-charity/overview )

Please remember that although my plan is for you to sponsor various elements of my kit, all of that sponsorship is going straight to Cruse Bereavement Care in Street, Somerset.

Thanks

 

Tags: challenge, charity, climb, kilimanjaro, summit, tanzania, trekking

 

About tony_mattravers


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Tanzania

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.