Existing Member?

Wild Swimming: A Personal Adventure

250 Lakes

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 4 September 2015 | Views [139] | Scholarship Entry

The opportunity to travel to Columbia and create a film about a pacific community and the incredible land in which they live is one that I simply can’t pass up.

I’ve been working as a freelance filmmaker in London for almost 3 years. However, despite the majority of my paid work being for commercial or brand projects, my dream is to become a travel and adventure documentarian. I have a passion for filmmaking, travel and the outdoors, and this opportunity would allow me to take the next step to combining these three things into a viable career. Not only this, but having had no formal film training, the chance to be mentored by Brain Rapsey who has 20 year’s worth of experience under his belt would be a unique and invaluable experience.

I’m absorbed by the travel and creative adventure industry, and this scholarship could be the spring board that will allow me to follow in the footsteps of those who’s work I admire most. I believe I have the ideal combination of adventurous spirit and filmmaking skill, so that I can come away from Columbia with a great film about an incredible place and peoples.

The film I’ve submitted is set in the mountains of Snowdonia, close to where I grew up, and is about a wild swimmer who’s on a personal adventure. By watching it, I hope it’ll get across not only my capability and skill as a filmmaker (although I still feel I have a lot to learn), and also my enthusiasm for telling stories about interesting people in incredible settings.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About tomeagar


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.