Existing Member?

Stumbling Along After a few years or travelling and then a couple years of settling down in Sweden, I'm back on the road. 7 mths or maybe forever, in South Africa, the Seychelles, India, Nepal, SE Asia...

I'm a thai resident

THAILAND | Thursday, 6 December 2007 | Views [963] | Comments [1]

So i have been wandering around for the past 15 months, trying to figure out what Iam going to do with my life. I have been trying a lot of different things and hoping one of them sticks. I have been waiting for an opportunity that I can't refuse, one that will help guide me and give me a bit of focus. Well, I have finally found it.

As of right now, I have officially  moved to Koh Phi Phi, Thailand. As you know, I came here to do my Open Water certification and then moved on. Well I loved diving, andhey offered me an internship. I would get all my certification for free. The program is four months and you spend the last two months woring off your fees. All I have to pay for is my cost of living and my equipment (about $1,000).

It is truly a great oppportunity. There are many internships available around the world. But most cost about $4,000 (my cost of living for the four months will be about half that) and they don't get equipment. And the free internships that include housing usually ask for a 6 month committment. So this is great. It is a bit sudden, and I need to go back to OZ for a visit to get all my stuff and say goodbye to everyone. But the problem is that I don't know if I'll have money for the return ticket back here, so it might have to wait.

BUt I iwill figure out all that later. I just got my accmodation sorted (i'll pay about 8 bucks a night). And i have  a job bartending and passing out flyers for the bar above the dive shop to help cover my cost of living.

The main problem is money. I was supposed to be relazing and earnign money right now in australia. Finally I wasn't going to have to stress about my finincial situation. Instead, it looks like I will have to put a few thousand dollars of ebt ob my credit card. But it will pay for itself a hundredfold. Now, when i got o antibes, I can earn more money this april (3,000 euro a month) and pay of this debt in a month or two.

I will also have achieved smehting, instead of just wandering around. I will be a great diver when this is all over (diving almost everyday) and can work anywhere in the world. I think this will open aup a world of opportunity. And the fact that this educatio will set me back only a few thousand dollars is great in my books and well worth it.

So i now workfor Phi Phi Scuba Diving Centre in Koh Phi Phi, the island i sbeautiful and the diving is amazing. So I will keepyou posted...wish me luck!

Tags: Work

Comments

1

hang on a sec... you have to spend the last two months whoring off your fees??

No but seriously - good on you, it sounds FANTASTICCCCC!!

  Brianalaki Dec 8, 2007 5:16 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.