Existing Member?

tjsolstice

Piano on the Seine

FRANCE | Tuesday, 5 August 2014 | Views [470]

i have recently returned to Australia after a trip that went from Paris through to a week on a houseboat on the canals in Burgandy, train trip to Amsterdam and then to Hannover, flying to Malaga in Spain, followed by hire car through Southern Spain taking in Granada and Seville. our base in Spain was Torre Del Mar : a delightful seaside town not far from Malaga. 

Paris required the usual highlights of a night visit up to the top of the Eiffel Tower, hours in Le Louvre, the Musee d'orsey and so much more. But the most unique experience was when we went for an early Sunday morning outing. Leaving our gorgeous apartment in Montmartre, we caught the mention to the centre and started walking. Needless to say there was almost nobody around. Strolling from the Notre Dame, we went across a bridge and down the steps to walk along the bank of the river. In front of us, just sitting there was a piano. The sign on the cover invited passers-by to play it so I lifted off the cover, raised the lid, sat down and started playing. Not fantastically, but enough to raise a smile or thumbs up from the occasional jogger.

I never imagined that my travels would include something like this! So if you want a slightly different judicial experience in Paris, find the piano on the banks of the Seine!

Tags: music, paris, piano, seine

About tjsolstice


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.