Existing Member?

Horner travels ... Of all the pages in a book, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport...

KL- Penang 2.4.12

MALAYSIA | Tuesday, 10 April 2012 | Views [507] | Comments [1]

On our day to get to Penang we awoke to heavy rain that luckily eased by the time we left. Decided to take a taxi to Sentral train ststion instead of getting us and our luggage wet (the days of roughing it are slowly disappearing). Decided to try the fast train to the airport for a change of scenery - just a little sick of highways and palm plantations. The train wasn't much more exciting despite seeing into some people's back yards. The fast train only goes to the (posh) international airport and from there we had to take a bus onto the LCCT (Low cost carrier terminal).

Flight to Penang at 1:40, arriving at 2:40.

We were met by Mr Khoo, a driver organsied by our accommodation. He was sweet and knowledgeable having been born on the isalnd of Penang. In quite good English, he talked to us for the 40 mins drive to our home away from home. Our Heritage 2 bedroom terrace home (fully renovated) was gorgeous! (So spacious after a hostel room where our double beds touched the walls.) After settling in, we checked out our local area. Though we would find some vegies to cook dinner in our little Ikea kitchen but the markets had closed and there was nothing in the common 7-11. Bought samosas, donuts and halva from a street vedor one block away - at 17 cents each- it did the trick. Glorious sleep after a beautiful shower, in my enormous bedroom with original wooden shutters and views over more delapidated terrace homes occupied by locals.

Comments

1

Yay!! Some blog entries!! No wonder it has taken a while - what an action-packed, full to the brim couple of weeks!! Sounds amazing and making me very keen for more adventures too :) Hope all continues to be as amazing and trouble free as it has been so far. Looking forward to the next update... XXX

  Francesca Apr 10, 2012 9:35 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.