Existing Member?

Horner travels ... Of all the pages in a book, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport...

36 C plus humidity must equate to 40 + (1.4.12)

MALAYSIA | Tuesday, 10 April 2012 | Views [555]

At 9am we took the Hope on Hop Off bus from Chinatown. Kids very excited while Mum and I looking forward to an easier day on our legs using the bus to get around instead of our own steam. We chose to stop at and explore:

  • Muzeum Negara (The National Museum): Mum and I had been before so we were able to go at the kids poace (a  little quicker than ours) - they loved it. Had tourist photo shot of the four of us holding exotic animals (first and last time most likely)
  • National Palace
  • Islamic Arts Museum (My absolute favourite - gorgeous lay out, incredibly artistic and exotic displays, fine fabrics etc) Highky recomnmended:-)
  • Petronis Towers (just for lunch, not for shopping- may as well be at the Gold coast- no thanks) Enjoyed a return visit to Malones overloong KLCC park
  • Kraft Komplex: kids were tired by now and just wanted to go home but from experience this was the place to shop for local crafts. We were incredibly lucky that we arrived at the end of a weekend festival- halls were filled with batik, clothing etc which was a joy to look while I restrained from buying fabric that I will never use, Mum did buy me a lovely pink and mauve moo moo dress (know you love 'em Pauly)
  • Ran to catch the last bus home at 8pm. Mum stayed in while the kids and I had egg roti at the Indian Curry house on the corner of our street opposite another temple. Our street was always busy with worshippers, food stalls and Bollywood style music blaring through distorted speakers - can;t descibe the sound, sights and smells that made you feel like you're in India only one street back from a main road - amazing.

 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.