Existing Member?

Jet Set Go! Taralynn's Nomadic Adventure

A day in the city of Lima

PERU | Saturday, 29 November 2014 | Views [406]

I crane my neck this way then that looking at a women selling candy on the street with her baby, in front of a stand with a man cooking  ceviche,next to a dog lying in the road forcing traffic to swerve around (this is common), in front of a group of people eating fresh juicy pineaple, ignoring the man shouting in Spanish to his amore 5 floors up. An old woman dressed in bright clothing stops me, grabs and holds my hands..speaks to me in a secret lanquage and pats the top of my head. We part silently. A young man in the park finds me eating a peruvian burger under a tree and offers to buy me an emoliente....a hot drink of fresh fruits. We share travel stories and he later refersto me as ´´MY LITLE CRAZY PINK TRAVELOR´´. We then take a drive down the cliff lined Pacific coast up to a mountain where I dance with a woman dressed in a purple emproidered costume. Later I arrive back to the flat  that is crowded with people from Germany,Belgium,Norway,Holland, and France.They are all cooking together. I join in shredding chicken to make  ´¨Aji de galllina´¨ which is a Delicious peruvian  creamy chicken dish with rice and egg. Around 1am my friend Asul shouts Salsa de Salsa´. We hop in a taxi. Next thing I know I am twirled this way,dipped that way and laughing at the giant grin that seems to be plastered to this Peruvian mans face. By the time we leave the club I feel like I have known everyone forever.

About taralynntravel365


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.