Existing Member?

long way home

When dreams become true

GERMANY | Wednesday, 16 April 2014 | Views [177] | Scholarship Entry

That's was my question,how did i end up here? I couldn't imagine that one day I will be here at the Signal Iduna Park stadium ,far away from my country and my home,to live and experience new culture and meeting new people,people whose I used to see them only on tv,especially in bundesliga,what an amazing crowds,you feel happy just to seen them supporting their team football supporting and shouting loud,like i have been here,it's really stunning,the mentality ,the ideology of supporting their football team,they were like one body,moving and singing together,it was an amazing moment for me,I couldn't even watch the game in first 15 minutes,I was in shock of watching that beautiful crowd and then I started taking pictures with them and shouting louder BVB!!!BVB!!for 90 minutes like a crazy person,after the game a friend I met him in the stadium his name is Kyle has invited me to his house to spend some time with his family,they were really a nice family,they were happy for hosting me,we were talking for hours about describing my culture and the place that I came from to them,and his mom Mrs Jenny she made the most delicious German food that I have ever tasted,you should taste it to believe,and then I had some fun with his little brothers they are twins ,they made me laugh from the heart,they asked me about my mother language,I told them it's the arabic,so they told me to teach them some arabic words,which it was totally funny,I couldn't stop myself of laughing,it was hilarious,so the next day I went out with Kyle to discover and to show me all the beautiful places of Dortmund City,we went to Zeche Zollern Museum,it was beautiful Museum,we ate a lunch at the Florian Tower,and at night we attended a amazing musical show at Concert Hall Dortmund,what I have to say this trip it was the best trip of my life,I met new people,I visited some places that i couldn't imagine that one day I will be there,living the dream for real,and I am very grateful for all that good time that i had in Germany,because now I have a amazing story to share with my family and my friends.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About taoufikovic


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.