Existing Member?

A Year Without Ice Cubes One year through Africa and Asia

Still kickin' in India

INDIA | Monday, 13 April 2009 | Views [821] | Comments [2]

Okay, I've finally emerged from my room to the big big world of India.  Thanks for all the support and well wishes, I'm almost 100% better, back to eating delicious Indian food (probably a bad idea, but I just can't help myself), and doing tourist stuff again.  We're in Kochin now, a coastal city in the southern state of Kerala, and it's not quite as unbearably hot down here as it was up in Mumbai.  Been to some concerts, rented some bikes, traveled on some house boats and canoes on the backwaters, and made some friends, mostly Kashmiris trying to sell us gorgeous wall hangings at their awesome shops.  Our plan is to start heading back up north along the west coast soon, but first we're trying to see if there is any availability at a cultural center/school in Kerala for us to take some classes in "Traditional Indian Art", aka music, cooking, and of course yoga.  I really want to study Karnatic vocal music, because, you know, I sing and stuff.  That's really it for now, feeling better, eating good food, and don't worry Uncle Larry, being sick has not ruined India for me.  Man, I just love the head bobble, I can't get enough!  No amount of diarrhea could ever take that away!

Comments

1

Yea!!! I am so glad to hear you are back to 'yourself'. ...oh! and I do hope you find a
guru! ...Looking forward to the next installment!
Much Love to ya!
Gail

  Gail Apr 13, 2009 12:55 PM

2

We looked at the website and know that you will have a wonderful month taking all those wonderful classes. What a way to learn the culture.
Love,
Mom and Dad in Waikiki, which pales in comparison to your experiences.

  sylvia mom and dad Apr 15, 2009 3:36 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.