Existing Member?

Melbourne, Australia

Melbourne, Australia

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 7 March 2012 | Views [306]

I went to Melbourne in Australia, a few months ago. The flight took just about a day, so I had to check in to a hotel the exact time I got off the plane and out of the air port. When I woke up in the morning, I went to a few famous places of Melbourne, one of them being: the reptile sanctuary, found in the Eastern part of Melbourne. Most of the reptiles there were mostly snakes, and other non harmful reptiles. Another of these attractions would be: the formula racing and race track there. The track was not very large, mostly because the gas mixture would run out, so it does'nt last very long. The next thing I went to was the aquarium there, it held many local fish from the great barrier reef, so there were a lot of tropical fish, and fish you normally wouldn't see in an aquarium in florida, or any other tropical place in the U.S. The next day I took a visit to the Melbourne zoo, it had many local animals, and animals that are not typically there, like in one exhibit you could see tigers, and other things that are not native to the country.And while I was there I figured out how Australians say good morning, they say g'day. You might have noticed that on the news that there was an article that told you about a horse that was dragged out of the mud in Southern Melbourne. But a woman eventually grabbed him and dragged him out, this is a giving and giving acts I learned about in middle school language arts back in the states. After I went to one of the many museums there, but the one I visited was mainly a Melbourne history museum. Then the next morning I went to one of the amusement parks there, and it had a lot of rides that are familiar to the ones in the United States. Then after, I finally left, and went back to the U.S., but there was a lot of interesting things Ilearned there.

 

About swackett


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.