Existing Member?

MARY ON HOLIDAY 2012 Adventure: Oregon, Netherlands, France, UAE, Seychelles, and return

A Fast train to Paris

FRANCE | Monday, 9 January 2012 | Views [690] | Comments [1]

Daryl's Photo Blog

Today's photos come from Daryl's blog.  Mom, click on the text above to see the photos. You will be taken to his website.  To return here, click the little arrow to the left at the top of that page or just start over like you normally do.  That's the easierst. 

Today was up-am-adam to the train station. A quick cup of "Coffee gone crazy" - the Dutch version of a latte but so very good and we were off. Train travel is THE way to go.  Big seats, beautiful scenery (well ... Holland is flat), sleep, walk about, whatever.  Why America can't get this done, I will never understand. About once a year I ride Amtrak to Seattle and its perfect!

Arrived in Paris without fanfare, sorted out a hotel (booked from the train via high speed Internet and saved 2/3 the cost of the room), and navigated around town for a bit.  A quick visit to the grocery store and back to the room.  

Damn, fell asleep and work up convinced it was a new day. It is 10:30 pm.  iMac have to resort to sleep aids to correct this one.  Have fallen into a "watch schedule" of sorts. 4 hours on, 4 hours off.  I'll now be up until after 2am and then back to bed.  Could be worse I guess. 

A little Mom assistance:

Your doing great with this thing! I got your message from Thursday and Sunday.  Here is something to try: just above where you would add a message there is a link to "older stories" Or "newer stories". This will allow you to look back to see if you have missed a previous story from me and to see your comments posted. 

What kind gift for Rosie are you thinking?  Scarf or something like that? Wish you were here to pick it out.  What colors?  Also, have they sorted out lodging in Vegas?  Something with a pool would be nice. 

Glad the dogs and you are well.  Rick is sure a help and I'm glad he was available.  Have not heard much from Dona. You?

Comments

1

a photo

  Daryl Moistner Jan 9, 2012 10:52 AM

About surveymare


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.