Existing Member?

Living the dream

Dream, book, fly

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 29 January 2015 | Views [303]

Last year my first WH visa in Australia was about to run out, the second year still had to be granted and work wise it didn't go as we both wanted. Our first reaction: Let's go to South-East Asia and travel! 

South-East Asia is a region of beautiful countries with magnificent culture and long history. When we think of Vietnam we think of history, beaches, rice fields, people with pointy hats, movies as Platoon, Full Metal Jacket,… Or Cambodia and we see Ankor Wat, the jungle, the killing fields,…

So we bought a Lonely Planet and we started to read and dream, but then reality kicked in. We couldn't go straightaway. We needed a plan, but never made one. We went home for a couple of months, and came back to Australia. With a new home in Sydney and a new job, we settled down and the dreams were pushed aside.

Now, one year later, my second visa is about to run out and we need again a plan. So let's go travel. This time we started to talk about New Zealand, but not for long. At the time we were in Tasmania for the Christmas break and wanted something different. So the South-East Asia dreams came back. And now, we have a plan. Even better, we have an one-month visa, got the necessary vaccinations, booked flights and a hotel. We are going for a month to Vietnam and Cambodia.

We fly on Sunday! Only 3 more sleeps and dreams come true! 

Life live the fullest…

Cheers Niall and Kim

Tags: cambodia, dream, vietnam

About storiesoutthesuitcase


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.