Existing Member?

Trip of a Lifetime I soon realized that no journey carries one far unless, as it extends into the world around us, it goes an equal distance into the world within. ~Lillian Smith

Off to Ecuador

ECUADOR | Thursday, 14 February 2008 | Views [991] | Comments [6]

View of surrounding area of Quito, Ecuador

View of surrounding area of Quito, Ecuador

There was still so much to see and do in Costa Rica but I'm very excited about this next leg of my trip.  I left at 9 am to the San Jose airport and waited in line for an hour, good thing I was 2 hours early!  Security is much the same as we have experienced at home....take off your shoes, jacket, etc.  I had a small bottle of hand sanitizer that Laura had given me along with a travel journal and it's now gone.  Sorry Laura!  But my water bottle, half full was fine.  Go figure.  It was a 3+ hour flight south to Lima, Peru and then I had another 6 hour layover.  The price I pay for cheap airline tickets.  It was then a 2 1/2 hour flight back up north to Quito, Ecuador.  I got in at midnight and was a bit concerned about taking a taxi by myself in a strange, new place but then I went to the Transportation window and told them the Hotel I was staying at and it was someone from GAP Adventures. What a nice surprise!  I got to my hotel and felt like I was in paradise.  It has a flat screen TV and a blow dryer.  I know I've only been roughing for a week but this was a nice surprise.  This is my starting off point for the Galapagos Islands tour that I signed up for with GAP Adventures.  So far, I'm happy with them!

Tags: Airports

Comments

1

This is the exact way we intend to visit the Galapagos. Let us know how it goes. :-)

  Eric & Christi Grab Feb 16, 2008 5:28 PM

2

Your Trip sounds amazing so far. I look foward to the updates to come. Have Fun

  Erika Feb 19, 2008 6:25 AM

3

Darn! Was hoping the hand sanitizer would help you throughout your trip! hehehe j/k! I can't believe they took the half filled bottle of water though! where are their priorities??! take care steph~

  Laura Feb 22, 2008 8:10 AM

4

Wow! I just read all of your adventures and love the pics! I am so impressed with your adventures! Can't wait to read more.
Erin

  Erin Feb 24, 2008 9:06 AM

5

Your trip sounds wonderfully, amazing! What an adventure! I look forward to reading about your most recent journey. Enjoy yourself and take care.
Jen

  Jen Feb 24, 2008 2:11 PM

6

I'm finally getting a chance to "follow-up" with you on your trip. It sounds like you're having an amazing time! Keep the pics and updates coming. And remember, you're always welcome to head towards the South Pacific and visit!

  Mimi Feb 25, 2008 5:55 PM

About sregevig


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.