Existing Member?

Trip of a Lifetime I soon realized that no journey carries one far unless, as it extends into the world around us, it goes an equal distance into the world within. ~Lillian Smith

Walking on Bridges in the Cloud Forest

COSTA RICA | Monday, 11 February 2008 | Views [5030] | Comments [1]

Cloud Forest in Selvatura Park

Cloud Forest in Selvatura Park

Today I went to Selvatura Park, a tropical cloud forest that straddles the continental divide. They also had zipline tours but since I had already done that, I chose to take my time and see the cloud forest so I chose the suspension bridges. There were 8 of them and the hike was about 90 minutes. The bridges were mostly 150´high and so you had an incredible view of looking down on the trees. It was raining most of the time, how appropriate for a cloud forest, but it was so peaceful and beautiful. I really enjoyed it. They also had a garden full of hummingbirds (Costa Rica has 50 different species) and then I went and learned about butterflies. It was actually very interesting and I learned alot. I actually got to see a butterfly emerging from it´s chrysalis (cocoon). I felt like I was watching National Geographic.  The day ended with having dinner at Moon Shiva, a Mediterrean restaurant, with a Canadian from the hostel. It was quite a hike to the restaurant, again in the sprinkling rain, but it was well worth it for the nice dinner and Chilean wine!  yum!  As we were finishing dinner, a two man band began to play old class rock songs. They were not great musicians but they had good voices. We were a bit surprised by our bill.  They added $4 for a musician's fee, and then another 13% on top of the usual 10% tax.  We were only there for a few songs and we couldn't understand the 13% tax but we just paid and went on our way.  The hike back was all downhill.  Thank goodness!    

Tags: Mountains

Comments

1

Hey sregevig,

We are featuring Costa Rica this month at World Nomads and really liked your blog, so decided to highlight it on the homepage so that others can enjoy it too.

Happy Travels!

World Nomads

  World Nomads Jul 1, 2009 10:02 AM

About sregevig


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.